Outreach & Social Justice
If social justice / community involvement is a large part of your church experience — or you think it should be or you would just like to explore avenues for involvement; we are the place for you.
Our 'committee' acts on behalf of the congregation to flag important local and global issues and to respond to concerns brought forward by members of our congregation.
We have many community partnerships that put us in touch with the needs of people locally..
Every Day is Earth Day
Local MPP and MP Contact information
For example we:
For more information, please contact the church office at 905-884-1301 ext. 5.
- This is the tenth year Hands and Hearts for Africa has been fundraising for the Foundation. We thank you for walking with us and supporting African grandmothers struggling in the midst of the AIDS pandemic. For more information, please speak to Peg Hiscoke or Donna Harrison.
- hold a monthly lunch with members and staff of the Krasman Centre (a drop-in for survivors of the mental health system) This social occasion allows RHUC and the Krasman Centre to get to know each other in a low-key concrete way - the lunches are very popular and often produce enough wonderful food to send back to the Centre to share with people too shy to come out.
- annually prepare backpacks with daily necessities (warm clothing, socks, mitts and hats, toiletries, and treats) which we supply to the Krasman Centre and Mosaic Interfaith Out of the Cold Program.
- prepare a dinner for the Out of the Cold Program hosted by St. Mary's Anglican Church.
- were very active locally in advocating on behalf of a Mixed-Income Housing and Community Hub initiative on Yonge Street.
- a representative sits on the Community Liaison Committee which consulted with the public on this proposal and will carry on as a link between the Region of York and local concerned citizens, faith groups, community groups, service organizations, etc.
We welcome your ideas, involvement and feedback.
Back to top