On Sunday, September 27, we are reopening for in-person worship.
If you plan to attend, please be aware of the following:
- It is important that you pre-register. To help make sure that everyone who attends is healthy, remember to register on the Thursday before at the earliest. You have until the Saturday before to let us know if you are coming. Please also let us know if you can no longer attend. We have placed a maximum capacity of 50 people in the sanctuary for the first 2-3 month to help us ensure that we are keeping everyone as safe as possible. Please follow this link to Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/worship-service-tickets-118039281669. You can also call the church and leave a voicemail via extension 3.
- Before you enter, be sure to maintain 2 m between household groups and read the screening questions. While you are outside, we are making sure the space is clean and ready for you to come in.
- When you enter, you will be asked if you have read the questions. It is imperative that you answer them honestly. If you think you may have been in contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19 or you are feeling unwell, say so, and better yet, stay home.
- You must wear a mask or one will be provided for you. Please give a free-will offering for the mask you are given. You will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Those who arrive first will be seated at the front. The church will be filled from there to the back. It is very important that household groups all sit 2 m apart (1 parent per 2 children is the maximum). It is also important that we avoid cross-traffic. This means that if you need to get up to use the washroom, you need to follow the arrows and return to your seat following one direction of travel. This also means that those seated last will exit the church first.
- Because we cannot pass objects between us, collection envelopes are placed in a box upon exiting. If you are not yet giving through pre-authorized remittance (PAR) from your bank, now is a great time to shift over. We also accept donations through CanadaHelps.
- There is no fellowship time following in-person worship. We are looking at ways to build community with each other while still honouring health protocols. One option we are exploring is hosting family-friendly outdoor activities.
We will still be broadcasting the service through Zoom and posting the recorded services (and sermons) on Facebook and YouTube. Following the online service, a recording of the full service will be posted on our Facebook page. Follow this link: facebook.com/RichmondHillUnitedChurch/. In addition, the weekly message will be posted on the RHUC Blog. To access the home based worship resource so you can use to follow along or take time for personal reflection, follow these links: Home Prayers Hymns
We are grateful for all those who are able to support the ongoing ministry of Richmond Hill United Church. If you would like to make a contribution, you can do so through CanadaHelps.org.
May we continue to keep each other and world in prayer, especially those who are most vulnerable, those who are grieving or struggling, and all of those on the frontline putting themselves and their families at risk to keep all of us safe. We will get through this together.
View our online Calendar